Friday, July 16, 2010

How are you going to solve this problem using the Scientific Method?

I am supposed to answer a problem using the scientific method, and I'm stuck! Here's the problem: "Use the Scientific Method to describe the criteria you would use for choosing a date for the Prom. Make sure you include each step of the Scientific Method: Problem, research, hypothesis, experimentation, analysis, and conclusion." HELP!

How are you going to solve this problem using the Scientific Method?
Problem: Whom will I choose to accompany me to the Prom?


Research: Consider what type of person I would like to be with, and write down some criteria. Next, talk with my friends, talk with my parents, talk with others who know members of the opposite gender to find out who fits these criteria; next, watch actions/reactions toward me by members of opposite gender. Make written notes.


Hypothesis: I think So-and-so would both fill my criteria and be agreeable to going with me


Experimentation: Ask mutual friends if So-and-so would be willing to go with me; ask So-and-so personally.


Analysis: If So-and-so agrees, the experiment has concluded successfully; if not, start over.


Conclusion: So-and-so was or was not the correct choice.
Reply:Problem- need a date for prom


Research- Find out who is availble


Hypothesis- Predict which guy will say yes and who will say no


Experment- ask they guy would they go to prom with u record there answers


Analise- look at the data and who said yes and who said no


Conclusion - did your data support your hypothesis


No comments:

Post a Comment