Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I'm doing my research on screening for oil palm that resistance to ganoderma?

what is the best method for my research

I'm doing my research on screening for oil palm that resistance to ganoderma?
That is an extremely broad question. I will try and give some ideas, but I have no idea what you have access to and how you prefer to do research.





My first recommendation would be to find out if you can culture ganoderma. If you can, then you have a tool to begin your work.





Next, I would gather as many extracts of oil palm trunks and freeze them as your library of oil palms. Then you can start screening your library. Grow up some ganoderma cultures, and apply your oil palm extracts in a controlled manner, and find a way to measure ganoderma cell death, or inhibition of growth.





If you find palm extracts that do kill or inhibit ganoderma growth, move onto the whole plants that you got the extract from and design experiments around the whole organism.





I am neither a mycologist, nor a plant biologist, so these are my best guesses about how you would approach this problem. I hope this helps because I love palm oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment