Friday, July 16, 2010

Alternative Brick/blockwork methods.?

I am studying a HNC in construction (UK) and need help.





For my individual project I am researching alternative methods of building to replace Brick/ Block.





I have already began looking into prefabricated brick panels but could do with a lot more info. Any other methods would be a huge help.





I need to know about cost, time etc and if you know any companies that are involved in any alternative methods that'll help 2.





Thanks a lot

Alternative Brick/blockwork methods.?
consider the idea of building using hay bales instead of brick and block. The insulation factor is much better and the cost should be cheaper. Hay bales are coated with a spray cement to seal them and are fire proof. A hale bale can cost 2 dollars a bale and I forgot the dimensions but it is about 2' x 2' x 3.5'
Reply:Try 'Leggo'


No comments:

Post a Comment